Bus Drivers’ Ethical Conduct and Guiding Principles
As school bus drivers, you must follow very important and crucial norms and standards conform with the school’s ethical values and standards, reminding you that you are an important part of the school’s human infrastructure and that you must follow at all time the school’s staff code of ethics, the following are the most important norms and standards that you must comply with at all times:
- All Communication with parents and students must be done in a polite and ethical way, those communications must be very limited, all those communications must be referred to the bus conductor.
- Following traffic rules and regulations rigorously, and making sure to follow all safety and security rules adopted by the public entities.
- Your appearance must be clean, neat and worthy of the school’s milieu ( Ties, Covered Shoes, beard shaved, beard trimmed, daily shower is a must )
- You must wear the school uniform during school hours at all times.
- Students safety is a priority, that’s why you must drop them always in front of their houses, and make sure to pick them up from the front of their homes by respecting the timing as per school’s time planning.
- Make sure that your bus all daily maintenance operations are done, by performing daily engine checks, oil checks, tires checks, battery check.
- You must perform weekly safety checks of the seat belts, the GPS and the CCTV cameras in coordination with the Bus Transportation Coordinator.
- You must never use any type of bad language in front of the students and on school premises.
- You must follow the school’s rules and procedures at all times.
- You must always contact the Bus Conductor and/or the bus transportation coordinator for any concerns or inquiries
All the bus drivers must sign this form at the beginning of the year after 2 hours orientation session with the Bus Transportation Coordinator.
The bus drivers report directly to the Bus Transportation Coordinator.
Bus Conductors’ Ethical Conduct and Related Guiding Principles
Bus Conductors are an important part of the school’s staff, because they are in direct contact with our children at least 1 hour daily and they are responsible of their safety during the bus circulation timings, that’s why it is extremely crucial that the bus conductors follow all safety and security strict procedures along with the school’s rules and procedures. Reminding that they report directly to the Bus Transportation Coordinator, below are the major rules that they must follow in order to meet the school’s safety and security standards based on the D.O.T., ADEK and related governmental bodies regulations and by laws :
- Wait up to 5 minutes for the parents to bring their children down to the bus in the mornings, and always call them if the student is not down on time.
- Have handy with you the students’ latest and updated list signed and stamped by the bus transportation coordinator.
- Report to the bus transportation coordinator every morning after students pick up and every afternoon after students reach home, and remit to the coordinator the daily report signed by you.
- Always wear the school uniform on school premises and when on duty.
- Make sure to give the parents a missed call 5 minutes before the bus reaches the student’s home.
- Accompany the grades 1 to 4 students to their buses daily, by picking them up from their respective classrooms.
- Make sure all students are wearing their seat belts properly, and sitting in their assigned places as per the seating chart stamped and signed by the Bus Transportation Coordinator.
- Make sure to communicate with parents and students in a well-mannered, ethical and respectful way at all times.
- Do not touch any students at any time.
- Help students carry their bags at all times, and make sure to accompany all students below grade 7 to their houses’ entrances, and deliver them to the concerned guardian, if the guardian is a new person, call the parents first and make sure that person is authorized to receive the child then deliver the student to him/her.
- If for any circumstance, the guardian of the student (below grade 7) is not there to receive the student and the parent are not answering the missed calls , then the conductor must inform immediately the bus transportation coordinator who will guide the conductor on what action to take.
- Make sure that students are not eating and drinking on the bus (except water)
- Make sure the bus is kept clean at all times.
- Perform weekly CCTV and GPS systems operational checks under the directives of the Bus Transportation Coordinator.
- Take attendance using the updated student lists before the bus leaves the school.
- Make sure that all students are checking in using their IDs, and check their IDs one by one, and make sure that they are all using their personal IDs to check in.
- Check that the bus is empty of students every day after the morning and the afternoon trips, then stand up with the appropriate sign in front of the bus camera and confirm.
- Never leave students alone without accompaniment and never deliver them to strangers
- Be always friendly with parents and students
- Be clean (take a shower daily)
- Always contact the Bus Coordinator if you have any concerns or inquiries
- Follow the school rules and procedures at all times
This form must be signed by the conductor at the beginning of the year, after an orientation session of 2 hours conducted by the Bus Transportation Coordinator .