The subject policy emphasizes the importance of the involvement of the parent/guardian in their child’s education. It determines the rules and regulations determining the relationship between the school and the parent/guardian in Abu Dhabi Department of Education and Knowledge (ADEK).
Parental commitment to the educational development and growth of their child is paramount at our school and highly supported.
To ensure that parent-school communication is channeled efficiently and effectively, parents are kindly requested to adopt the policies and procedures listed below:
- Student’s Diary (Journal, Record Book…)
- Parent – Facilitator Conference
- Personal Meetings
- Telephone Conversations
- Online Communication
1. Student’s Diary
All students shall get a school diary, where he/she shall copy all the daily academic work as instructed by the facilitator. This booklet is one of the communication mediums between parents and facilitators.
· Parents are advised to review the diary on a daily manner and respond to any messages that the facilitator communicates
· In case of any enquires, concerns, requests … etc, the parents may use the dairy to raise these issues to the facilitator
2. Parent – Facilitator Conference
The school organizes periodic conferences to create a strong home-school relationship that is fundamental to improve the students learning and development
These conferences are held 3 times a year : In October, after the first and second term exams results issuance. Parents are required to attend these scheduled conferences.
Additional meetings during the academic year can be organized on need basis in response to important issues with students where a parent – facilitator conference will be scheduled immediately.
3. Personal Meetings
Visits to our school are governed by specific rules and regulations that Parents / Guardians should adhere to:
- The school visiting hours are between 08:00 a.m. – 01:30 p.m.
- Visits to school shall be conducted through a pre-scheduled appointment through the reception desk via telephone, or email
- Unannounced visits by the parent / guardian to meet with a school official will not be permitted until permission has been granted.
- Entering the classroom areas without approval is not allowed for any parent or other visitors. Approvals should be pre-obtained from the applicable administrator.
4. Telephone Conversations
The school highly discourages direct personal telephone calls by parents / guardians to the facilitator and the school principal.
- When it is an urgent matter, the parent/guardian is requested to contact the school secretary who take the detailed message to the concerned party who will then return the call or schedule a meeting accordingly. The parent / guardian will be kept informed of the outcome.
- If the matter is behavior related, the administrator will deliver the message to the relevant supervisor.
- The school has a hotline number for urgent operating from 07:00 a.m. – 05:00 p.m.
- When the incident is about the school bus operation, the Transpiration Coordinator should be contacted
- It is advised that serious cases that are encountered by the students shall be communicated in a meeting with the principal rather than over the telephone
- Telephone conversations with the principal should be limited to 5 minutes.
5. Online Communication
The school portal and App are efficient means of communication between parents/guardians and students to:
- Communicate with the facilitator about students’ work
- Check the student’s academic progress
- Review the homework, assignments and newsletters
- Check the student’s attendance in school and the bus
- Get calendar invites, reminders, SMS and any other information
- Obtain easy access to school policies and handbooks
Facilitator’s responsibility towards the school and the students:
Respectful and professional demeanor must be portrayed by the facilitator at all times, especially when communicating with parents/ guardians to realize the students full potential at school.
- Lead the parent – facilitator conferences effectively
- Initiate prompt meetings with parents /guardians if the student is facing any challenge or if an urgent issue arises
- Remain accessible to parents / guardians and students who have concerns, seeking advise or reassurances
- Reach out to parents whenever an issue of concern comes up
- Utilize all modes of communication provided by the school on a regular and timely manner to communicate to parents on the students work, accomplishments and progress or lack of if applicable.
- Keep accurate records of the students’ grades and update them regularly.
In line with ADEK’s rules and regulations, Our School prohibits its facilitators from offering private tutoring to its students for the following possible implications:
- Dependency on the private tutor will increase and self dependency decrease
- Class work will not be a priority since the lessons will be covered at home
- Lack of attention in class will create distraction in the classroom affecting the facilitator and other students
- Responsibility and accountability of the said student will be compromised
- On the other hand, facilitators are permitted to undertake private tutoring for students from other schools outside the vicinity of our school campus. This should be on their own free time and should not have effect on their obligation and responsible performance to the school. In case of non-adherence to this policy the facilitator may be terminated.
“Multi – Layered Curriculum ”