A Major Element of our Hidden Curriculum
In Our school, we believe that the hidden and unseen curriculum plays a major role in nurturing the 21st century leader, because the hidden curriculum is a major element contributing in building our students personality and character for a better tomorrow.
One of the major element of this hidden curriculum is the global mindedness that students acquire via nurturing in them the learner profile traits and by the facilitators’ and the school administrators’ approach to the different issues and controversies in life that will define and structure the global mindedness mindset of our students.
This global mindedness is crucial in the future life and endeavors of our students who must be leading within their entourage and profession, how can they lead if they do not approach to all the different controversies of life with a clear and global minded mindset.
Our school emphasizes in the hidden curriculum effect by orienting and training the facilitators on how to mold the different hidden curriculum factors and identifiers within the teaching and learning environment of the students, and we believe that the global mindedness is the major element acquired by this hidden curriculum
Our students are global-minded because:
- Our students acquire the competencies and the societal, cultural environment of 3 languages (Arabic, English, French)
- Eco – Friendly and Sustainability are major elements of our daily learning and teaching environment, and that’s why we are one of the few schools in the UAE that is equipped by an Eco – Sustainability Lab.
- Our facilitators are trained to mold the hidden curriculum to our children in a way to nurture their global mindset approach to life that will help them conquer the different barriers of this controversial world.
- By following the complete integration approach and defining one subject called “Knowledge”, our students will acquire the skills and the knowledge via inquiry based strategies, and this will give them the advantage of becoming life-long learners and not only learners for assessments.
- The PRA road map represent the flavor of all our instructional strategies within our classrooms without borders, where Passion, Relevance and Attitude play a major role and represent the buffer to acquire knowledge and skills.
- Most of the traits and skills that we nurture within our students help them to become the servant – leaders of a peaceful tomorrow.
- We offer Ethics to all Non-Muslim students
- We make sure that all Islamic Values are integrated within the different aspects of our curricula, and that’s why we have an Islamic Values Integration Coordinator who makes sure that all those values are a crucial part and basis of the teaching and learning environment in our school.
We will continue preparing global-minded citizens of the world for a better world where our students will lead and guide the world within a peaceful global-minded context.