1. PASSION FOR CHILDREN AND TEACHING: every facilitator should be passionate and enthusiastic about teaching and working with students. They should be excited about influencing students’ lives and maximizing learning. They should be generous and dedicated with their time to provide students with the best possible education.
2. KIND, CARING AND COMPASSIONATE: every facilitator should care about their students’ interests, progress, and problems. They should be approachable and empathetic and have the ability to say and do things that uplift, motivate and inspire.
3. STRONG RAPPORT WITH STUDENTS: every facilitator respects and values students; employs positive reinforcement and celebrates achievement; develops a strong rapport with students and establishes welcoming, trusting classroom relationships.
4. AN ENGAGING PERSONALITY AND TEACHING STYLE: every facilitator is engaging, energetic and self-confident, and provides active (versus passive) learning opportunities. They create lessons that are stimulating, purposeful, relevant, creative, challenging and well-paced. They can hold the attention of students throughout a lesson.
5. CLEAR LESSON OBJECTIVES: every facilitator establishes and communicates clear lesson objectives and works to meet those specific objectives during each class.
6. EFFECTIVE DISCIPLINE SKILLS: every facilitator has effective discipline skills and can promote positive behaviors and change in the classroom.
7. GOOD CLASSROOM MANAGEMENT SKILLS: every facilitator has excellent classroom management skills and can ensure positive student behavior and effective study and work habits. They create a supportive, collaborative classroom environment based on mutual respect and a sense of community and belonging.
8. EXCELLENT COMMUNICATION SKILLS: every facilitator maintains open, regular communication with parents, administrators and other staff members. They are willing to work collaboratively and build cooperative relationships with the rest of the school community.
9. HIGH EXPECTATIONS: every facilitator sets high expectations for all their students and encourages everyone to always work at their best level. They challenge their students to think critically; interpret; make decisions; solve problems.
10. KNOWLEDGE OF CURRICULUM AND STANDARDS: every facilitator has a thorough understanding of the school’s curriculum and other standards they must uphold in the classroom. They ensure their teaching meets those standards.
11. SECURE KNOWLEDGE OF SUBJECT MATTER: every facilitator has outstanding subject knowledge of, and enthusiasm for the subject they teach. They are prepared to answer questions and keep the material interesting for students. A facilitator understands the subject content and explains difficult topics in a student-friendly way.
12. FAIRNESS: every facilitator uses fair and effective assessment/evaluation methods and an objective, honest, transparent grading system based on learning outcomes. They provide regular feedback/appraisals on students’ performance to students and parents.
13. STRONG ORGANISATIONAL SKILLS: proper preparation, organization, and planning are essential qualities for every facilitator. They allow facilitators to access materials quickly and to make effective transitions. They add order and structure to lessons.
14. SELF-IMPROVEMENT: every facilitator continuously strives to improve and grow as a professional to provide students with the highest quality education possible. They inspire students to be motivated to become lifelong learners; they seek out new and better teaching strategies and Professional Development opportunities; they have no fear of developing initiatives or incorporating new technologies into lessons.
15. ADAPTABILITY/FLEXIBILITY: every facilitator uses differentiated learning strategies; they assess their teaching throughout lessons and are sufficiently resourceful to modify their instructional/presentation methods to reach every student.
16. USES 21ST CENTURY TECHNOLOGY IN LESSONS: every facilitator incorporates a variety of digital media within lessons, alongside textbooks and worksheets, believing that Technology is a crucial layer in education.
17. MAINTAINS PROFESSIONALISM: every facilitator holds high professional expectations of themselves and others. They maintain a professional manner in all areas – from their appearance to their organizational and communication skills.
18. HORIZONTAL & VERTICAL INTEGRATION: every facilitator nurtures and builds in every student the school’s Learner Profile traits via his subject content with full horizontal and vertical integration.
19. CENTRAL THEMES: every facilitator, always believing in an educator’s special mission, aims towards seven central themes: international-mindedness, open-mindedness, flexibility, teaching approach/skills/beliefs, collaboration, the universality of good teaching, and love of education.
20. TEACHING IDENTITY: every facilitator creates his unique teaching identity by nourishing inquiry-based learning, social responsibility and flexibility.