Child Protection Policy
The aim of this policy: The child protection policy applies to anyone in the school from managers, board of trustees, staff, volunteers, and students.
- First, this policy aims at protecting students who attend the school. This policy includes the students who are the responsibility of the school.
- Second, it is a way of familiarizing the staff, facilitators, volunteers and stakeholders who work for the school with the child protection policy.
The school will not accept any kind of abuse to any of the students. The major responsibility of the school is to ensure that all students of all ages are in a safe environment and do not experience any type of abuse, be it physical or psychological. The school should protect the students from any danger.
This policy has based its aims and goals on law and guidance from different child protection rules such as:
- The Child Rights Bill
- Article 274 of the Penal Code Federal (3) of 1987, as amended
- Relevant Ministry of Interior guidance on protecting children from harm
- ADEK Private School Policy and Guidance (2014-2015)
And reminding all parents and stakeholders, that the school follows all the above mentioned policies and rules ( those rules and policies are posted on the school web site for your convenience )
The school realizes that:
- The children’s well-being comes first.
- Every student has the right to be protected equally from any harm or danger, despite his age, gender, religion, culture, physical abilities.
- There are children who can be hurt easily than others depending on their previous experiences, communication needs and how dependent they are.
- It is crucial that parents and guardians work closely with the school to protect the children and provide them with a harm free environment.
The school will find different ways to assist students and keep them in a healthy atmosphere by:
- giving them the chance to express their thoughts and feelings.
- to make ADEK’s all child related policies as part of their daily routine in the school and to ask all employees to abide by these policies.
- having e-safety policy other than the policies they are following to ensure more safety.
- training the staff and other volunteers with professional development such as workshops related to safety.
- making sure that the recruited staff has been chosen safely such as all the needed check-ups are done through different references.
- sharing all important information about child protection and all related practices with children, parents, staff, facilitators and volunteers.
- sharing different worries with Ministry of Interior Child Protection Centre, Child Protection Officer, ADEK, or MoSA who need to know, and involving parents and children appropriately.
Following Up and Reviewing
Every year, this policy will be followed up and reviewed by the Principal on behalf of the Board of Trustees.
Administration of Medicines – Accusations Made Against Another Child –
Accusations Made Against an Employee – Behaviour Code for Adults Working with Children
Children at Risk of Abuse Procedure – Confidentiality – Disciplinary Procedure – Equal Opportunities – E-safety – Photographic and Video Images – Safer Recruitment
School Personnel Code of Conduct – Special Educational Needs (SEN) – Whistle Blowing, Anti-bullying.
This policy will be reviewed at the end of every academic year, and its steering committee composed of the principal, vice – principal, social workers, a parent, one supervisor, a student is in charge of this review yearly.